- How to use guided meditation for weight loss?
- If you know how you’re supposed to eat and exercise to lose weight, but you always fall back into your old habits. Or if you’ve been able to be good for a while, but haven’t seen any results on your body. This means that your mind needs work as well! Because let’s be real, the mind and body are linked and they work hand in hand.
- In most cases, we struggle to lose weight because our belief system doesn’t support it. Either we believe that being healthy is boring, or that we’re not actually capable of losing weight and we’re doing all that for nothing, or that being overweight protects us. But those beliefs are stored in our subconscious mind, so we’re not necessarily aware of them.
- That’s where guided meditation comes into play: by putting us in a relaxed state, guided meditation helps slow down the conscious mind and access the subconscious mind that’s behind. And then it feeds it with new positive beliefs like “I get fitter and fitter everyday”, “I choose to let go of my extra fat because I don’t need it anymore, I am safe”, or “I naturally crave foods that empower and hydrate my body”.
- The beauty of the subconscious mind is that it can’t tell the difference between our imagination and our reality. That’s why once you enter a relaxed state, you can pretty much tweak it as much as you can.
Free Guided Meditation to Stop Emotional Eating
With this free guided meditation mp3, you will naturally reprogram your mind to stop emotional eating. All you have to do is put your headphones on, relax and listen to it every night for a week while falling asleep!
Free Course to Help You Lose Weight Without Dieting
Restrictive diets suck! They mess up our metabolism, our hormone product and our relationship with food. We may lose weight quickly at first, but then we gain back more than we lost. And all that, up to 6 years after we stopped dieting!
This infuriates me. That’s why I created a free course where I help you break free of the all-or-nothing mentality and teach you what and how to eat to lose weight in a sustainable way.
If you’re like me and you hate the word willpower… because you feel like you have close to none.
Or if you’ve had willpower in the past, but your dieting and exercising efforts yielded such little results that you gave up.
Then look no further.
You’re going to love my meditation technique for weight loss!
It worked great on me and I’m sure it’ll work great on you.
THE ROLE OF THE MIND IN WEIGHT LOSS
We used to think that losing weight was all about the body.
But in reality, the formula to sustainable weight loss is a bit more tricky than that.
It’s about body and mind working hand in hand.
If you’re a serial dieter you probably know what you’re supposed to do: eat whole foods, avoid processed foods, sugar and trans fat, do a mix of cardio and resistance training…
Now when you do all that and you don’t see results, or you can’t seem to keep up your healthy routine, it’s because your mind needs a bit of work too.
It means that your belief system does not support your actions.
- When you decide to eat raw carrots and tuna for two weeks to lose weight quickly (I’ve done that many times), but you think they’re the most boring foods ever
- You start working out like crazy but deep inside, you’re not sure it’ll make a difference
- Or you stop eating sugar though you believe that sugary products are delicious and help you cope with stressful situations
All of those are situations where your beliefs go against your actions. That’s why you quickly lose willpower!
Another common example is when we unconsciously believe that being overweight protects us.
From scarcity (we stock as much fat as we can), from life itself (we reduce our personal power and avoid living life to the fullest), from responsibilities (in some cases, being obese can be a way to depend on others), etc.
All of those are beliefs that keep us overweight.
I’m certainly no stranger to that!
My weight loss journey really began when I accepted to surrender to life. When I stopped being afraid of what I could accomplish.
Now you see how much your mind has to do your weight.
And well, meditation helps you work on your mind!
WHY GUIDED MEDITATION WORKS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Of course, there are lots of different types of meditation and they all have different benefits.
And the one I’ve specifically used to lose weight is guided meditation (also called imagery or visualization).
You can think of your conscious mind as a wall, your thoughts are the bricks of the wall, and your subconscious mind is behind the wall.
With guided meditation, you get into a relaxed state where your conscious mind and your thoughts slow down, which allows you to reach your subconscious mind.
Once you access your subconscious mind, you’re able to tweak with your belief system. You feed it new beliefs.
And the beautiful thing is that your subconscious mind can’t tell the difference between your imagination and your actual life.
So it’ll start believing you.
You can think of guided meditation as being half-way through affirmations and hypnosis.
The problem with affirmations is that when you say them, your conscious mind is wide awake.
So you have to feel them to make them work. That’s the secret to manifesting what you want and that also quite hard to do.
We end up reciting words that feel like lies.
And hypnosis is not always easily accessible. You usually need a professional with you.
So guided meditation is a perfect tool to use on your own.
HOW TO MEDITATE FOR WEIGHT LOSS
So how does guided meditation work?
You can either do it by yourself, or listen to a pre-recorded session – you’ll easily find some on Youtube!
If you decide to do it on your own, here’s the process:
- Make sure that you’re in a quiet place and that no one will disturb you for 15 minutes. Doing this in your bed right before falling asleep can be a convenient solution! That’s what I personally do.
- Sit back or lie down, whichever is the most comfortable for you.
- Close your eyes.
- Take three deep breaths where you inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth. This will relax your whole body.
- Then scan your body from your forehead to your toes. Make sure that each muscle is relaxed.
- Focus on the area of your heart, and imagine a sphere of light around it.
- Imagine that every time you inhale, the sphere gets bigger. And everytime you exhale, the sphere gets smaller. Doing this will help you become more open to change.
- If thoughts keep popping into your mind that’s ok! Just acknowledge them and let them go without obsessing over them. And then focus back on your heart and breath.
- After about 4 minutes, or just whenever you feel deeply relaxed, start visualizing. Picture yourself being fit, eating healthy foods, exercising, making the right decisions. Basically, picture yourself being and doing everything you struggle with. Imagine the taste of food, the smell, the happiness you feel now that you’re in your dream body. Make this as detailed as you can.
- If you’re like me and you can’t really picture things in your mind, say affirmations instead. Things like “Everyday I get fitter and fitter”, “I eat what I want when I want, and stop when I start to feel full”, “I am improving my health every day”, “Being healthy and slim is easy for me now”, “I surrender to life because I know I am safe”, “I am enough, I love and respect myself like I love and respect any other human being”, “my extra fat doesn’t serve me anymore, I am ready to let go of it”.
Once you’ve tried, let me know the results you got!
Sustainable weight loss only happens when your mind and body are aligned.
Your belief system must support your health routine. Otherwise you won’t be able to maintain it for long!
That’s where guided meditation comes into play! It can help you reprogram your subconscious mind and help you find the willpower you need to make healthy choices.